The Berkeley Food Network provides an essential service and will continue to operate during this time of growing need. We are working hard to ensure that everyone in our community who needs it has consistent and safe access to food. Throughout 2021 we have continued to serve heavy bags of healthy groceries, providing food to 6,500 individuals a week.
On-Site Pantry Hours and Updates:
Our on-site pantry is open to all Albany and Berkeley residents in need of food. Pantry visitors are able to select their own groceries in a COVID-19 safe setting. We are located at 1925 Ninth St., Berkeley. Please enter from the parking lot side of the building.
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 2pm
Monday & Wednesday: 5 – 7:00pm (effective March 14, 2022)
Saturday: 10am – 12pm
*Please note that we will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday, January 17, 2022, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 21, 2022, for Presidents’ Day
- Thursday, March 31, 2022, for Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday, May 30, 2022, for Memorial Day
- Monday, June 20, 2022, for Juneteenth National Independence Day
- Monday, July 4, 2022, for Independence Day
- Monday, September 5, 2022, for Labor Day
- Monday, October 10, 2022, for Indigenous People’s Day
- Friday, November 11, 2022, for Veterans’ Day
- November 23 – 27, 2022, for Thanksgiving
- December 23, 2022 – January 1, 2023, for Winter Holidays
Off-Site Public Mobile Pantry Hours
The mobile pantry at the Berkeley Technology Academy remains open to serve the South Berkeley area.
Location: 2701 Martin Luther King Jr Way (at Derby)
Hours: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, 2:30 – 4pm
The mobile pantry at Berkeley High School remains open to serve the Central Berkeley area.
Location: At the gate on MLK, Jr. Way across from Bancroft Way; between athletic fields and Building G
Hours: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, 3 – 4pm.
The mobile pantry at Albany High School remains open to serve the Albany area.
Location: 603 Key Route Boulevard, in the Cafeteria
Hours: 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
COVID-19 Policies / Updates
We are practicing WHO-advised measures to ensure the health and safety of all our program participants, volunteers, and staff by:
- Securing COVID-19 vaccinations for all our staff and our regular volunteers
- Screening staff and volunteers for COVID-19 symptoms and asking them to stay home if they are ill.
- Serving pantry visitors outdoors.
- Maintaining six foot distancing between all people at our warehouse, pantry sites, and in our hub kitchen.
- Mandating regular hand washing.
- Disinfecting all surfaces on a regular schedule.
- Keeping all touching to a minimum.
Please check this page regularly for updates.